Annual Publishing Contest on Now!
March 7, 2014 by Word Alive Press
WINNIPEG, MB (March 7th, 2014) – The search for great Canadian authors has begun! Have you written a manuscript? Do you dream about getting published but you don’t know where to start?
This could be exactly what you’re looking for. Word Alive Press is launching their 11th Annual Free Publishing Contest and will select two winning Canadian Christian manuscripts—one fiction and one non-fiction winner—to publish, market and distribute in both book and digital format. The total prize value is over $12,000 ($6,000 for each winner).
Screened and chosen by a judging committee that includes editors and sales and marketing professionals, the winning entries will receive wide exposure through Christian newspapers and magazines, TV shows and radio stations. Winners will also receive order access through 30,000 bookstores across North America.
Word Alive Press has published many award winning titles and are known for their expertise in book design, sales, marketing and distribution. In addition to being professionally published, the winning manuscripts will be converted into eBook format and made available for the Amazon Kindle, the Apple iPad, Kobo and many others.
In an increasingly difficult-to-break-into publishing world, first time authors often feel as if the the odds are stacked against them. Previous Word Alive contest winners challenge aspiring writers to think again:
- “It is a great experience to be a part of something like this. Winning is great—but the experience of entering and having someone else read your manuscript can be a stepping stone to better writing and exposure of your work."
—Sharon Dow, Huldah (Fiction Winner, 2013)
- “I had told God all I wanted was to honour Him in my writing. But I didn’t expect a Christian publisher would think my work worthy of an award. Overcome with emotion, I started to cry… joyful tears… as my publishing journey began.”
—Bonnie Brooks, Pierced in the Heart (Non-Fiction Winner, 2013)
- “It was appealing to have the opportunity to work with a Canadian company. I believe Canadians have a unique voice to share with the world and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to work with Word Alive Press! There are still days when I’m shocked that I won and that they believe in my story as much as they do. Thank you, Word Alive Press, for giving me the privilege of sharing God’s restorative power with others in book form.”
—Holly C. Wyse, The Restoration of Emma Carmichael (Fiction Winner, 2012)
- “When I conceived of my book, I envisioned it as a tool to draw unbelievers to Christ. As I wrote, the question was never far from my mind: ‘How will my manuscript ever find its way into the hands of those who need to hear its message?’ I am so grateful to Word Alive Press for giving me this opportunity to reach out to those who desire truth. Their guidance and assistance in preparing the book for publication has been first-rate.”
—Michael Mendler, Concerning God (Non-Fiction Winner 2012)
- “For over a decade, it has been my dream to publish a novel. When the Lord prompted me to write The Lion Cubs, I never guessed it would have been the one to make it out into the world. Thank you, Word Alive Press, for this blessing and the opportunity to make my dream a reality."
—Chrissy M. Dennis, The Lion Cubs (Fiction Winner, 2011)
- “When my son Ben died of leukemia, it was hard to imagine that God could produce anything good from such a devastating loss. I couldn’t imagine how He would bring life from death. But thanks to Word Alive Press, He has! God has used the professional team at Word Alive Press to encourage and lead me through the process of publishing my journey, affording me an incredible opportunity to ‘let it ripple’ to the ends of the earth!”
—Lisa Elliot, The Ben Ripple (Non-Fiction Winner, 2011)
Canadians Have Stories to Share
Word Alive Press truly wants more Canadians to share their stories of faith with the world. After more than twenty-five years of distributing Christian resources in Canada, we are thrilled with the growth we see in Canadian writers expressing their faith through talented writing. As a Canadian publisher, we are committed to placing quality Canadian Christian books into the market. Our writers contest has grown rapidly over the past eleven years and it’s very rewarding to see hundreds of Canadian writers send in manuscripts with hopes of winning the grand prize of being published. We look forward to reading this year’s inspired works!
So what are you waiting for? Sharpen your pencils and get the creative juices flowing! Your writing dreams are waiting to come true! But hurry! The contest deadline is: June 15, 2014.
For more information contact Amy Groening or 1.800.967.3782 ext. 210.
For submission guidelines, visit our contest page.