On May 1, 2019, the Word Guild of Canada was pleased to announce the 2019 Short List for the Word Awards. This was the first year that the Word Guild, along with Crossroads, announced the short list live on the Crossroads Castle App.
Out of the numerous Christian Book Categories, thirteen Word Alive Press titles were short listed, and that includes twelve Word Alive Press authors. A big congratulations goes out to all! The titles published by Word Alive Press that are on the short list are as follows:
BOOKS–CHRISTIAN FICTION: CHILDREN
- Donna Simard: Saint-Lazarre, MB Shhh! It’s a Surprise! Hidden Treasures on the West Coast
BOOKS–CHRISTIAN FICTION: CHRISTIAN ADULT FICTION-CONTEMPORARY/SPECULATIVE/SUSPENSE/HISTORICAL/ROMANCE
- Anna Raddon: Blind River, ON After Miigaadiwin
- Patrick Bell: Kelowna, BC In His Majesty’s Secret Service
- Linda Stauth: Stratford, ON Lake of The Cross
- Linda Stauth: Stratford, ON Starry Lake
BOOKS–CHRISTIAN NON-FICTION: INSTRUCTIONAL
- Stewart Brown: Wolfville, NS The REAL Welcoming Church: Imitating God, Thinking Like Jesus
BOOKS–CHRISTIAN NON-FICTION: BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Ruth L. Coghill: Bobcaygeon, ON Woman of Wisdom: A Four Lesson Bible Study
BOOKS–CHRISTIAN NON-FICTION: LIFE STORIES
- Angelina Fast: St. Catharines, ON Finding Shelter: A Child’s Memoir of WWII
- Melody Leclair: Guelph, ON When Lightning Strikes Twice
- Darlene Martens: Ruthven, ON Amazing Grace, Abounding Love
BOOKS –GENERAL MARKET FICTION: YOUNG ADULT
- Kathy Berlund-Pagé: Montréal, QC The Caves of Fire
To purchase any of these short listed books, click on their title above. For the complete list of recognized titles, please click here.
Once again, congratulations on the honour of being short listed!
The Word Guild is a growing community of more than 325 Canadian writers, editors, speakers, publishers, booksellers, librarians and other interested individuals who are Christian. From all parts of Canada and many denominational and cultural backgrounds, we affirm a common statement of faith and are united in our passion for the written word.