Job Opening: Publishing Assistant
By Word Alive Press
Word Alive Press is an evangelical faith-based Christian publishing company located in Winnipeg, MB. For the full-time position of Publishing Assistant, responsibilities include overseeing the book and eBook publishing process, reviewing files, author care, creating marketing pieces, and some administrative tasks.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, including proficient knowledge of English grammar, with the ability to proofread.
• Effective organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and demonstrated time management skills.
• A friendly and confident manner with a natural ability to establish rapport and communicate with authors by phone, email, and in person, including identifying and overcoming obstacles to sales.
• Accepting of change, challenges, and growth in the job.
• BA in English, Communications or Marketing.
• Avid reader.
• Personal or professional experience on social media.
• Efficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Adobe).
• Experience in sales or working in an office setting or bookstore would be an asset.
• Oversee all aspects of the publishing process, including coordinating with clients, contractors, and external partners to meet timelines.
• Review files created by other staff and contractors, ensuring accuracy, marketability, and client satisfaction with all phases of the process.
• Demonstrate product knowledge on all services provided by Word Alive Press. Make recommendations to clients on potential upgrades, including special finishes on print products, additional marketing, and PR services, etc.
• Create marketing pieces to advertise published books to bookstores.
• Manage company social media activity and campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Adwords, etc.
• Administrative tasks, including providing new product information to vendors, fulfilling purchase orders, processing author royalties, and special projects.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in working with a small but dynamic and growing publishing company, please email your resume and cover letter to: publishing (at) wordalivepress.ca (attn: Publishing Assistant Position). Please state what specifically interests you about working with Word Alive Press.
The closing date is March 31, 2016.
About this Contributor:
Word Alive Press is a Christian book publishing company that provides professional book publishing, sales, marketing and distribution services all in one facility!